Wednesday 2 May 2012

Nakshatra's 12th and 13th month

I know its been a long time since I'd posted something but that is exactly why Im doing so now because there's lots to share or pen down(even virtually). After we were back from dubai, ponutti got into the walking mode rather than her usual crawling.This was when she was 10months. But she did take her first few independent steps a week before leaving for dxb(that was when she was 9months and 1week).That was one milestone I'd badly wanted for her to achieve but soon enough it had dawned on me that there was to be no respite for as long as 3 years inspite of whatever she achieves quickly.She had reached almost all her milestones faster than usual, which she still continues to do so and because of this the expectation was set. Not before long, she had also started to run about and walk well in her new red shoes.

It was at that time when we were in kerala for her first birthday bash that she started dancing rather rocking herself whenever she would listen to music. Gradually yet steadily things began to change. It was more of soft skill development or in other words small motor skill development. She could comprehend what we say to a much larger extent.There was this time when I was getting ready to go somewhere and I told her playfully that I would help her put on her shoes. Hearing me, she started running towards the front hall, climbing up the chair and getting her shoe from the shoe rack. I was stupified. I never ever knew that she  understood what we say to her. I used to sort of train her to get something from someplace or put something back but that was achieved after a little bit of body gesturing. But this incident taught me that she actually analyzed what we said and got it done. Even mimicking us was something that she started doing around 12 months.

Even her language development has improved even if she uses the baby jargon mostly. She would repeat what I say in the exact tune. There are so many thaings to write about that I dont remember some of them.Recently she has started giving herself a bath,washing her face and brushing her teeth. She would even throw the trash(which may be bits of paper or wrapper) into the dustbin. Its been fun playing with her even since she was a baby, even if , I grew more attached to her only after 11/2 months.But it was always wonderful to watch her play when ammama would talk or sing to her.Time does fly really fast.

3 comments:

  1. A well written blog of a new mom who watches all moments of her first baby. All mothers have the same feelings but very few are able to pen it down in such a beautiful way. Every parent has gone through such lovely and exiting moments in their life but forgets when time goes by. Look forward to read more such exciting day to day activities of the baby’s moments

    ReplyDelete