Wednesday 9 May 2012

Our Little 'Nakshatra'

I know its a little late to write on her birthday celebration which had taken place on 8th March 2012; but I ,for no reason, wanted to post about it now. Exactly a year ago on this date I was gifted with one of the most precious gift I could ever ask for. Its been a year!! Can you believe it? Our fun moments together ,even if at one point I wanted her to stop and go back to sleep, made me realise that I have met my most unique and bestest of friends. Before going into the birthday party details , I must say that ponutti had begun to do a couple of others gestures before her first bday(with amma's timely reminder today!!). Her ammama used to teach her to fold her hands before the lamp that was lit by her achachan that morning before prayer.(This was when she was in dxb at 9 months). And coincidently, after coming down to kerala for the celeberation, ponutti folded her hands after seeing Lord Ganapathy in the front hall at thrissur.Ever since this , shes' been folded hands when she sees any or lit lamp.Why, she even did it today after seeing some trash being burned on the roadside. Guess we have to teach her the difference!! 
 
We had a small celebration of ponutti birthday as per malayalam month and her birth star which fell on 27th feb.We had paid a visit to the kodungallur and family temple after which achan and amma had come to kodungallur to join us . We had sadya in plaintain leaf and ponutti, surprisingly , did go to everyone and was having fun.

Her birthday started off with the usual temple visit and then we came back to begin the decoration work. This time she had her Little  Big Brother to play along.We had planned for the cake-cutting and thereafter party at 7pm. I did have the worry about how well she would handle the crowd especially if things didnt go well for her.And it didnt!! She had her evening sleep at 5:30pm after a lot of struggle and I eventually had to wake her up by 6:15pm which of course wasnt well-appreciated by her. I also had to give her a forced bath with all that crying that I really dreaded the thought of her facing the guests downstairs. But surprisingly ,once we were downstairs, she was so sociable.I was glad that she was coping well with the guests , having a baby blast.She was at her happiest best and I was truly proud of her. The highlight of the cake-cutting was that she folded her hands when she saw the lit candle:) She also had her first bite of chocolate cake.As time went by , she was so super excited and upbeat with the balloons around and the stair-climbing that it was as if she forgot to go to sleep. I had to give her a third bath that day, and amma spluttered mustard seeds, redchilly and salt in a piece of paper to protect her from the evil eye;after ponutti fell asleep.I was so exhauted from the party(not that I did that very much) yet I was so gratified  to the extent of intoxication that I was finding it hard to fall asleep.Do you know what eternal bliss is to watch your baby fast asleep after being truly 'THE LITTLE STAR' of the day. Well; atleast in my eyes, she was. Ever since then, she has been evolving a lot. Her passing phase like shrunk appetite was one that disturbed me for almost a week. She was literally living on air.Another of her tactics is to get me to her when I dont pay her enough attention by climbing the bed and lying waiting there for me. One attention seeker, she is! Guess, all this is the part and parcel of being a parent:)

No comments:

Post a Comment